Callista Crafts has been on a trajectory of steady growth since the brand’s inception in April 2013. Significant strategic moves at key points in time, such as new partnerships (Attica Department Stores, 2017) and an opening to new, larger markets (USA, 2019) gave impetus to the company’s initial upward trends while at the same time establishing and continuing to shape its future growth. In 2020, during a very difficult year for international retail, the company managed to keep its sales at the same high levels as in the previous year. What seems to have played a crucial role towards this is the investment in e-commerce technologies that have enabled the company to be in constant contact with its buyer, even while in lockdown.
Year 2019 in figures
In a special and very diverse year for the world in general, a year that hit trade by completely overturning the map of our consumer habits, Callista Crafts’ turnover remained stable in 2020. Strengthening the brand’s e-shop through a conscious investment in digital commerce technologies led to high online sales. In turn, the overall stability in sales brought an upward dynamic of production and maintenance of both work positions and the brand’s financial plan for the next year.
Goal for 2021
• Increase of the total turnover through the e-shop
• Increase in turnover from the launch of new products (clothing collection – sandals)
• Best possible reach of tourists, this year expected to increase in numbers compared to 2020
• Reorganization and strengthening of the production process
• Human resources investment and reinforcement in the design department of the company
• An even greater shift towards sustainability
Since April 2013, Callista Crafts has been on a trajectory of steady growth, with strategic partnerships and an opening to new, larger markets that have given impetus to the company’s initial upward trends while at the same time establishing and continuing to shape its future growth.